Saturday, August 6, 2011

La Ceiba

Dije “Adiós” a Padre y su familia; a Edwin, Amadea y el resto personas a la escuela; más Lorena, Ana, Ellen, Kate, Carlos y algunos perros, pero no encontré Woody. Pienso sabe el amo. La vuelta de autobús estuvo larga, pero está mejor que se alojando en San Pedro Sula.

(I said “goodbye” to Padre and his family; to Edwin, Amadea and all the rest of the folks at the school; plus Lorena, Ana, Ellen, Kate, Carlos and some of the dogs, but didn’t find Woody. I think he knows that I love him. The bus ride was long, but better than staying in San Pedro Sula).

No se di cuenta de hasta que oí un este mañana, como no oí un avión por tres semanas. La Ceiba esta desde luego mas ciudad de Copan. Tiene las tiendas de una cadena, un comerciante de autos, y muchas más personas. También, está más Caribeña; las plantas esta más tropical y están más Afro-Caribe personas. El aire es más calor, pero con las brisas fresco de océano. ¡Muy bien!

(I hadn’t realized it till I Heard one this morning, but I haven’t heard an airplane in three weeks. La Ceiba is definitely more of a city than Copan. It has chain stores, an auto dealer, and many more people. And, it’s more Carribean; the foliage is more tropical and there are more Afro-Carribean people. The air is warmer, but with a cool ocean breeze. Very nice!)


Como, ya que ahora soy responsable de la mía comida, por fin pude beber una licuado con cereal para desayuno. Pase la mañana caminar en la playa. He tocado los Océanos Atlántica y Pacifico, y el Mar Iberia, pero estuvo primera tiempo toco el Océano Caribe. Sin embargo, no tuve lugar seguridad para mi pasaporte y camera, tuve nadar con uno mano los extendiendo fuera de agua. Ahora los dorsos de mis manos quemo, pero estuvo lo valió.

(Now that I’m responsible for my own meals, I finally had a liquado (shake) with cereal for breakfast. I spent the morning walking on the beach. I’ve touched the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, and the Iberian Sea, but this is the first time I’ve touched the Carribean Ocean. However, I didn’t have a secure place to leave my passport and camera, so put them in a plastic bag and held them out of the water while I swam. Now the backs of my hands are sunburned, but it was worth it.)


La playa está lleno de basura, como de los calles de Copan. ¿Por qué parece que barrios de los pobres siempre tienen basura? ¿Esta que las personas expresan sus furia de sus pobreza por contaminando el entorno por otra personas o que no creen merecen querer belleza en sus vidas?

(The beach is littered with trash, as were the streets of Copan. Why is it that in poor neighborhoods there always seems to be trash on the streets? Is it that the people express their anger at their poverty by contaminating the environment for others, or do they not believe that they are worthy of beauty?)


Almorcé y estoy paciendo la tarde junto a la piscina. Posible salde por cena. ¡Esta vida difícil! La verdad esta, tengo usar mi efectivo antes de salir en la mañana. Es muy divertido dar propinas grandes. Pienso la criada recibiría la una más grande. Este todo viajar en Honduras me he haciendo aún más consciente de discordancia entre solo supervivencia a el cojín el mayoría de norteamericanos tienen. Oí las cuentos de Ana y Ellen acerca de los bebes muriendo a causa de malnutrición o dysentery, y presencie las condiciones de vivar de muchas gentes y el estado de muchas animales aquí. Esta maravilloso puedo dar dinero, y está agradecido que mi cojín está muy grande.

(I had lunch and am spending the afternoon poolside. Perhaps I’ll go out for dinner. It’s a tough life! The truth is, I have to use my cash before I leave in the morning. It’s really fun to give big tips. I think the hotel maid will receive the biggest one. This whole trip in Honduras has made me even more aware of the vast difference between mere survival and the cushion that most of us North Americans have. I heard from Ana and Ellen about babies dying from malnutrition and dysentery, and witnessed myself the living conditions of many people, and the state of many animals. It’s fabulous to have money to give away, and I’m grateful that my cushion is so large.)