Monday, October 3, 2011

New movie: "The Way"

We went to see The Way with Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez. Ellen and my mom felt that it gave them a better sense of my experience on The Camino. I enjoyed it even though it wasn't completely realistic. When they arrived in Santiago, my first thought was, "Wow, that didn't take long." So, while it doesn't give a sense of the actual daily routine of a pilgrim, nor depict much pain and suffering, it's still a good story and definitely worth seeing.

This time at home since the Camino has been good. In addition to some projects around the house, and organizing my home office, we've had a chance to take some tandem rides, and even go kayaking on a record high day last week. Otherwise, I'm just watching the leaves change and Autumn becoming firmly entrenched. It's odd this year, as I'm used to seeing the signs in the Boston Common and Public Garden - not only the leaves turning, but the Swan Boats being loaded up and carried away, the squirrels getting fat and fluffy, and the sunbathers disappearing.

Next week, we're going to stay on a farm in the Catskills for a few days. Then, I'll still have a bit of time to putz before going back to work on Nov 1. While I've thoroughly enjoyed my life of leisure these past 3 months, I miss everyone at Ecclesia, and am eager to get back. I'm sure there will be lots of news.